Saturday Times

It's a Saturday.

Finally the Weekend can fully start now.  People can sleep in...don't have to worry about going to work...don't have to make people happy.  For Saturdays usually make just ONE person happy.....YOU!!!

Then there are those who have to work in the morning.  Maybe a few hours, maybe the whole day.  They are the ones who miss out on the gorgeous wondrous day out at the beach, out at the park with the whole family.  

I am one of those schmucks that got the wonderful chance of working on a Saturday morning.  Now for my job it's only 4 hours of working but that's 4 hours of smiling, getting out of my comfy rolling chair to help someone, or answer phones.  I know most people have to work harder jobs, but when it's on a Saturday, EVERYONE has a hard job to do.  

So what does a body do instead of watching the hours tick by?  (Great now I have that song from Frozen stuck in my head!!!.....my mind is SOOO weird.)  Some that have to sit next to a computer will just check their Facebook accounts/Emails/Instagram/Pinterest and I'm not embarrassed to say I am one of those people that check periodically!!  Especially my Pinterest page.  I love looking all the new creative ways I can make things, especially for the library, and a good budget to them too!  So I am not ashamed to say that when I should be looking at new books coming out, or new activities for the library I look up Pins from Pinterest.  And that's it.  That's all for 4 hours of work.  

Well, there's also the "Can you help me find a book?"  "My computer is printing right for some reason." "I need to make copies""I would like to send out a fax""How long can I check out a book?"  And of course, I smile and help them out with my co-worker.  Most people would have a headache after the just a few people, but my co-worker and I LIVE to help these people.  We love answering their questions, love giving them suggestions on what kind of books to read for the weekend, and educating children along the way.  Yes we might have to deal with some people that are rude, or complain a lot, but there aren't that many.  If we can get through helping them then we can get on with the rest of our lives easily enough!!!!  That's what we librarians do.  If you want to come in all grouchy and thinking no one is going to help you, when then you are going to get one huge smack in the face, for you will receive a heart felt smile, a "No Problem, we would love to help you" answer, and the people that come in with a happy smile on their face and a song in there heart will get the same treatment.  As Librarians will tell you we do no discriminate...even if you are grouchy!!!!  

So when hour comes near for us to leave, we leave with a little smile in our hearts for we tried our best to get people what they want, and was able to receive that new Apple Pie recipe on Pinterest that Naomi from South Carolina came up with.  Now we can go home to our families and take the rest of the Saturday off and just enjoy the day.  For me personally, I will be having my cup of Coffee (Dunkin' Donuts Medium Roast with the Samoas Girl Scout cookie Coffee Creamer) and the latest book that I just picked up at the library sitting next the my window and enjoying the sun rays!  Usually my wonderful time would all of that but raining outside.  I love the sound of the Rain drops on the roof of my house.  The little tap-tap-tap just makes me feel at home and at ease, with the window lightly propped open so the smell of the rain comes pouring into the house.  Better than what Glade can promise you with their candle scented Rain.  

What's your favorite time to read?  Where in your house do you feel the coziest while reading?  And which book would you feel like reading?

All the comforts of home on a Saturday afternoon.  Isn't there a song written about this kind of thing?!

Wherever this finds you, however this finds you hope somewhere you have a book that is ready to be explored.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guided Reading Level for Your Children

Happy New Year, Monkey

The Broken Outlaw's second book